Jeollabukdo Agricultural Research and Extension Services1
This study was conducted to investigate the change of yield and quality according to seeding time and planting density and to determine effective weed control method in wet-hill-seeding use black colored rice. The most effective weed control system was application of bromobutide ․ thiobencarb five days before seeding followed by bensulfuron ․ mefenacet ․ thiobencarb 12 days after seeding (barnyardgrass at 2.5-3.0 leaf stage). The seedling stand by seeding time and planting density increased with the delay seeding time and high planting density. The heading dates were delayed as the seeding time became late but no difference was found between planting density. The anthocyanin content of black colored rice was higher at late seeding time and lower planting density. The yield of full colored rice was high 80 plants per 3.3 m2 in seeding on May 30 and June 10. This information could be useful for spreading rice direct seeding by inducing stabilization of wet-hill-seeding use black colored rice.
1. Back, N.H., Choi, M.K., Park, H.K., Nam, J.K., Ko, J.C., et al. 2007. Critical date of wet direct seeding of rice after barley cropping at Honam plain area. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 52(2):208-212. (In Korean)
2. Choi, H.C. 2002. Current status and perspectives in varietal improvement of rice cultivars for high-quality and value-added products. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 47(S):15-32. (In Korean)
3. Kim, S.U., Oh, S.H., Lee, J.Y., Yeo, U.S., Lee, J.H., et al. 2012. Differential sensitivity of rice cultivars of HPPD-inhibiting herbicides and their influences on rice yield. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 57(2):160-165. (In Korean)
4. Kwon, O.D., Shin, S.H., An, K.N., Lee, Y., Min, H.K., et al. 2012. Response of phytotoxicity on rice varieties to HPPD-inhibiting herbicides in paddy rice fields. Korean. J. Weed Sci. 32(3):240-255. (In Korean)
5. Osawa, T. 1995. Antioxidative defense systems present in higher plant and chemistry and function of antioxidative components. Food and Food Ingredients J. of Jpn. 1963:19-29.
6. Park, S.T., Kwak, D.Y., Shin, D.K., Kim, S.Y. and Lee, D.S. 1999. Growth affected by seeding depth and flooding duration for anaerobic wet seeding. Korean. J. Inti. Agri. 11(2):161-168. (In Korean)
7. Park, S.Z., Kim, H.Y., Ryu, S.N., Han, S.J. and Ku, B.I. 2002. Environmental variation of cyanidin-3-glucoside content in Heugjinjubyeo. Korean. J. Breed Sci. 34(2):125-126. (In Korean)
8. Park, S.Z., Lee, J.H., Han, S.J., Kim, H.Y. and Ryu, S.N. 1998. Quantitative analysis and varietal difference of cyanidin-3-glucoside in pigmented rice. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 43(3): 179-183. (In Korean)
9. Shon, J.Y., Lee, C.K., Kim, J.H., Yoon, Y.H., Yang, W.H., et al. 2012. Comparisons of growth, heading and grain filling characteristics between wet-hill-seeding and transplanting in rice. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 57(2):151-159. (In Korean)
10. Song, Y.E., Lee, D.R., Cho, S.H., Lee, K.K., Lee, J.H., et al. 2012. Effect of different cultivation region, transplanting and harvesting date on yield and quality of ‘Shinongheugchal’, ‘Shinmyeongheugchal’. Korean. J. Crop Sci. 57(3):248-253. (In Korean)