Department of Horticultural Science, Chungnam National University1
Taejun Agrotech Co. Ltd.2
Daejung-golf Engineering Co. Ltd.3
Department of Bio-Environmental Chemistry, Chungnam National University4
This study was conducted to evaluate the control efficacy of dollar spot on creeping bentgrass after applying various amounts of tebuconazole, chlorothalonil and mixture of tebuconazole and chlorothalonil (tebuconazole+chlorothalonil). In effect of three fungicides on suppression against Sclerotinia homoeocarpa, tebuconazole and tebuconazole+chlorothalonil were found to inhibit more than 98% fungus growth on medium and 70% in chlorothalonil treatment. The control efficacy of tebuconazole at different rates of 31.25, 62.5, and 125 a.i. mg m-2 on creeping bentgrass showed more than 80%. Application of tebuconazole (125.0 a.i. mg m-2), tebuconazole+chlorothalonil (125.0 a.i. mg m-2+135.9 a.i. mg m-2) and chlorothalonil (135.9 a.i. mg m-2) were suppressed 96%, 80%, 70% for the dollar spot severity, respectively. Correlation between application amount of fungicides and control efficacy of dollar spot was significantly positive, and suggested amount of tebuconazole, tebuconazole+chlorothalonil and chlorothalonil that might suppress more than 80% of dollar spot were calculated to 29.6, 132.2+142.8, and 157.0 a.i. mg m-2, respectively.
1. Chang, S.W., Jung, S.W., Kim, S.H., Par, J.H. and Lee, J.Y. 2012. Synergistic interaction of fungicides in mixture under different condition of dollar spot disease caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(2):96-101. (In Korean)
2. Chang, S.W., Jung, S.W., Kim, S.H., Par, J.H. and Lee, J.Y. 2013. Control effect on dollar spot disease caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa under different application rates and intervals with two mixed fungicides. Weed Turf. Sci. 2(4):408-412. (In Korean)
3. Couch, H.B. 1984. Turfgrass fungicides: Dilution rates, nozzle size, nozzle pressure and disease control. Golf course management 52(8):73-80.
4. Kim, J.H., Choi, H.Y., Shim, G.Y. and Kim, Y.H. 2010. Chemical resistance and control of dollar spot caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa on turfgrass of golf course in Korea. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):170-175. (In Korean)
5. Kim, J.T., Lee, K.H., Min, J.Y., Cho, I.J., Kang, B.K., et al. 2004. Fluctuation of the sensitivity of Collectorichum spp. causing the red pepper anthracnose the chlorothalonil. Kor. Pestic. Sci. 8(3):231-237. (In Korean)
6. Kwon, S.M., Kim, D.H., Chang, T.H., Jeon, M.G., Kim, I.S., et al. 2010. Screening of antifungal medicinal plants for turfgrass fungal disease control. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):176-181. (In Korean)
7. Latin, R. 2006. Residual efficacy of fungicides for control of dollar spot on creeping bentgrass. Plant Disease 90:571-575.
8. Lee, S.K. 2010. Turfgrass quality and disease suppression on a creeping bentgrass green by various nitrogen sources. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):125-130.
9. McDonald, S.J., Dernoeden, P.H. and Bigelow, C.A. 2006. Dollar spot control in creeping bentgrass as influenced by fungicide spray volume and application timing. Online. Applied Turfgrass Science doi:10.1094/ATS-2006-0531- 01-RS.
10. Popko, J., Ok, C.H. and Jung, G.H. 2010. Evaluation of fungicides for dollar spot control on creeping bentgrass and annual bluegrass putting green. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):161-164.
11. Settle, D., Lee, S.K. and Kane, R. 2011. Fungicides for dollar spot suppression on creeping bentgrass green. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 25(1):43-47.
12. Shim, G.Y., Min, G.Y., Shin, H.D. and Lee, H.J. 2000. Occurrence dollar spot caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa in turfgrass of golf course in Korea. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 14(1):241-250. (In Korean)
13. Shim, G.Y., Min, G.Y., Shin, H.D. and Lee, H.J. 2001. Occurrence of chemical resistance and control of dollar spot caused by Sclerotinia homoeocarpa in turfgrass of golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 15(1):1-8. (In Korean)
14. Shin, T.S., Jung, W.C., Do, K.S. and Shim, G.Y. 2006. Development of antagonistic microorganism for biological control of dollar spot of turfgrass. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 20(3):191-201. (In Korean)
15. Vincelli, P. and Dixon, E.D. 2003. Summer fungicide spray programs for creeping bentgrass greens. Golf Course Management 71(6):87-90.
16. Zarn, J.A., Brüschweiler, B.J. and Schlatter, J.R. 2003. Azole fungicides affect mammalian steroidogenesis by inhibiting sterol 14α-demethylase and aromatase. Environ. Health Perspec. 111(3):225-261.