Department of Horticultural Science, Chungnam National University, Daejeon 34134, Korea 1
C&L Chemical Co. Ltd., Seoul 03938, Korea2
Syngenta Korea Co. Ltd., Jincheon 27855, Korea3
This study was conducted to evaluate effects of slow release nitrogen (N) fertilizer (SRF) blending isobutylidene diurea (IBDU), crotonylidene diurea (CDU) and methylene urea (MU) on growth, quality and N uptake of creeping bentgrass. Treatments were designed as follow; non-fertilizer (NF), control fertilizer (CF), SRF-1 (IBDU 12%, CDU 12%, MU 36%), and SRF-2 (IBDU 5%, CDU 5%, MU 15%). As applied SRF, visual quality, shoot length, clipping yield, T/R ratio, N content and N uptake of creeping bentgrass was not significant to CF. Total chlorophyll content of SRF-2 increased by17 % than that of CF. Amount of N uptake was positively correlated to visual quality, total chlorophyll content, clipping yield, and uptake of phosphorus and potassium (P <0.01). These results indicated that application of slow release nitrogen fertilizer blending with IBDU, CDU and MU improved chlorophyll content of creeping bentgrass by prompting N uptake.
Ahn, Y.T., Kim, S.T., Kim, I.S., Kim, J.W., Kim, H.J., et al. 1992. Standard and practice for management in golf course. KTRI, Seongnam, Korea. (In Korean)
2. Arnon, D.I. 1949. Copper enzymes in isolated chloroplasts polyphenoloxidase in Beta vulgaris . Plant Physiol. 24(1):1-15.
3. Cheong, J.I. 1996. Effects of slow release fertilizer application on rice grain at different culture methods. Kor. J. Crop Sci. 41(3):286-294. (In Korean)
4. Guillard, K. and Kopp, K.K. 2004. Nitrogen fertilizer from and associated nitrate leaching from cool-season lawn turf. J. Environ. Qual. 33:1822-1827.
5. Kang, S.S., Kim, M.K., Kwon, S.I., Kim, M.S., Yoon, S.W., et al. 2011. The effect of application levels of slurry and bio-filtration liquid fertilizer on soil chemical properties and growth of radish and corn. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 44(6):1306-1313. (In Korean)
6. Kim, J.W., Kim, C.H., Baeck, J.H., Lee, D.J., Choi, Y.S., et al. 2001. An introduction to soil and fertilizer.pp. 240-258. Sunjin Press, Goyang, Korea. (In Korean)
7. Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lee, J.P. and Hwang, Y.S. 2012. The growth effects of creeping bentgrass by application of liquid fertilizer with saponin and liquid fertilizer with amino acid. Asian J. Turfgrass Sci. 26(1):54-59. (In Korean)
8. Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K. and Lim, H.J. 2010. Change of soil physicochemical properties by mixed ratio of 4 types of soil amendments used in golf course. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):205-210. (In Korean)
9. Kim, Y.S., Kim, T.S., Ham, S.K., Bang, S.W. and Lee, C.E. 2009a. The effect of compound fertilizer contained Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):101-110. (In Korean)
10. Kussow, W.R., Soldat, D.J., Kreuser, W.C. and Houlihan, S.M. 2012. Evidence, Regulation, and Consequences of Nitrogen-Driven Nutrient Demand by Turfgrass. Internat. Scholar. Res. Net.Agronomy 10:1-9.
11. Lee, C.H., Lee, H., Ha, B.H., Kang, C.S., Lee, Y.B., et al. 2007. Evaluation of fertilization effect of slow-release complex fertilizer on pepper cultivation. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 26(3):228-232. (In Kroean)
12. Lee, E.T., Cho, S.K., Song, Y.S., Jang, Y.S., Choi, I.H., et al. 2001. Effects of a slow-release fertilizer on onion ( L.) cultivation in south western area. Kor. J. Hort. Sci. & Technol. 19(4):476-482. (In Korean)
13. Lee, J.J., Kim, Y.S., Ham, S.K., Lee, C.E. and Lee, G.J. 2015. Growth and quality improvement of creeping bentgrass by two fertilizers containing Trichoderma species. Weed Turf. Sci. 4(3):249-255. (In Korean)
14. Lee, K.Y., Park, C.W., Park, K.L., Kim, J.G., Lee, D.B., et al. 2005. Nitrogen balance in paddy soil of controlrelease fertilizer application. Kor. J. Soil Sci. Fert. 38(3):157-163. (In Korean)
15. Lee, S.K., Minner, D.D. and Christians, N.E. 2010. Evaluation of various slow-release nitrogen sources for growth and establishment of on sand-based systems. Kor. Turfgrass Sci. 24(2):145-148.using Korean nature clay minerals. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 5(2):135-140. (In Korean)
16. Yoo, M.J., Lee, J.P., Joo, Y.K. and Kim, D.H. 2009. Analysis of maintenance expense in various golf courses. Kor. J. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):61-76. (In Korean)
17. NIAST (National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology). 1998. Methods of soil chemical analysis. NIAST, RDA, Suwon, Korea. (In Korean)
18. Park, K.W. and Choy, J.H. 1986. Study on the development and application of slow releasing fertilizer using Korean nature clay minerals. Kor. J. Environ. Agric. 5(2):135-140. (In Korean)
19. Yoo, M.J., Lee, J.P., Joo, Y.K. and Kim, D.H. 2009. Analysis of maintenance expense in various golf courses.Kor. J. Turfgrass Sci. 23(1):61-76. (In Korean)